Tuesday 23 April 2013

Elemis Freshskin Range Review*




Hello everyone! Its been a while since I did a blog post as some of you may know I've been working on my YouTube Channel. But today I decided it was about time I posted my Elemis Freshskin Range review as I've been using these products for a couple of months now, and I have seriously enjoyed using them.




About Elemis Freshskin Range

Freshskin has been specifically designed for the needs of a young skin. Skin will appear brighter and more radiant whilst the Freshskin Skin Clear range targets problem, oily and blemish prone skin. Every Freshskin product is formulated with naturally active ingredients which have been specially chosen for their ability to help cleanse, exfoliate, moisturise and target the problems of a young skin. 



ELEMIS DOES NOT TEST ON ANIMALS!



Peachy Perfect Gentle Face Wash* - 100ml - £12.00
Every morning I would look forward to cleansing my face with the peachy perfect gentle face wash. It has a nice scent of peaches and the scent wakes me up in the morning. This wash has the typical gel consistency but foams up quickly once in contact with warm water. Using this face wash I feel like I'm giving my face a very good clean with it foaming up really well, but I do have to wash my face up to three times to make sure all the face wash has been removed. Once I have rinsed and patted my face dry my skin feels really smooth and soft. After using this product continuously my skin felt soft and my skin was glowing. This is definitely a product I will buy in the future, I'm a little sad I'm running out. 

Skin Clear Mattifying Moisturiser* - 50ml - £19.99
I have combination skin and I do tend do get oily throughout the day, and I was delighted when I received this mattifying moisturiser. This moisturiser is specially formulated for oily and blemish prone skin, the gentle moisturiser delivers hydration without shine. It has a thick consistency but once applied it melts into the skin leaving my skin feeling "baby bum" smooth but also hydrated. It's also a great base for make up as it really helps make-up stay on longer and controls shine throughout the day. It also contains some very beneficial ingredients: seamat, vitamin A, bergamat, cucumber, extract of iris, shea butter and witch hazel. Again I love this product and with continuous use it heals and helps to prevent future breakouts, definitely a product I will buy in the future.

Elemis Tips! There is common misconception that oily skin should not be moisturised because it causes breakouts and shiny skin. But did you know that they key to preventing excess sebum is to moisturise? This helps restore the skin's natural lipid balance as it prevents excess sebum from being produced. To make the most of your moisturiser apply it directly after cleansing to help absorb fully and boost hydration. 

Skin Clear Treatment Gel* - 15ml - £11.99
This anti-blemish gel helps to reduce blemishes without over drying the skin. Formulated with salicylic acid, zinc and vitamin A to cleanse clogged pores and balance the skin. This product has been a life saver as I suffer from frequent blemishes. When I feel a spot is going to develop I immediately apply this gel to the spot and again a few more times throughout the day. This gel drys out the spot and it will scab over and will soon be completely gone. But if its a spot under the skin it seems to prevent the spot from appearing the sooner you apply the gel. I find the treatment gel to be very handy and useful but most of all powerful at fighting and preventing a battle with your face.  Again for all of these reasons I will buy this in future. 

Elemis Tip! We all know how it feels to have those blemish blues, made worse by stressing about it. Feeling better about your skin starts with regular exercise, a healthy balanced diet and drinking plenty of water. Wash your face morning and evening but be gentle on your skin by using a cleanser such as Skin Clear Purifying Face Wash. Remember to avoid falling asleep with your make-up on, preventing blocked pores and further breakouts. 

Skin Clear Overnight Serum* - 30ml - £17.99
This super powerful overnight serum helps to minimise breakouts whilst you sleep. Salicylic acid helps cleanse clogged pores and gently exfoliates the skin. Out of all the Elemis Freshskin products I've tested this is by far my favorite. I love using night creams but this night serum is extra special as it tackles blemishes and breakouts while I sleep, and in my opinion very effectively. I use this serum every night even if I don't have blemishes as it prevents breakouts as well as treating existing blemishes. It leaves my skin feeling fresh, smooth and protected like nothing I've used before. This is definitely a product I will buy in the future.

Elemis Tip! A good nights sleep is key to fresh, flawless skin. 8 hours of beauty sleep is ideal, but another secret to great skin is to wash your pillowcase often to remove dead skin cells and skin clogging oils that are naturally left behind on your pillow.

Super Boost Moisturising Serum* - 30ml - £17.99
This specially selected blend of natural moisturisers, help to maintain the skin's natural barrier and prevent moisture loss. Ceramides and hyaluronic acid work together in synergy with softerning plum oil and vitamin E to deliver intensive hydration and glowing, radiant skin. Out of all the Elemis Fresh skin products this is the one I've used the least, not because I don't like it but because of how my skin changes. I like to use this light serum when my skin becomes drier that usual, so for me in the harsh winter months. Using this serum and the Mattifying Moisturiser together prevents and heals current blemishes but also by using the serum helps to maintain moisture levels and gets my skin back to its natural self. This product has been another life saver from the freshskin range that effectively attacks dry skin. Again for all of these reasons I will buy this in the future. 

Elemis Tip! Extreme changes in weather, air, conditioning and sun exposure can challenge your skin. Hydration levels can be depleted with skin left flaky and stressed. Adapt your skincare to the seasons - if dehydrated boost your moisture levels and add on the extra moisturising mask. Always protect your skin from the sun with a good SPF layer. 

Purifying Face Wash* - 100ml - £11.99
I haven't yet used this cleaner as I've been using the peachy perfect gentle face wash but once I've used all of that one I will go on to using this one. I have very high hopes as I've thoroughly enjoyed using this range. 

My experience of the Freshskin Rage has changed my skin for the better and I will be using their products furthermore as I absolutely love them and I don't have a bad thing to say about them. 10/10

2 comments:

  1. i might try the Skin Clear Overnight Serum it sounds really interesting and i always seem to wake up with new spots so i might give that a try when i use up my night cream :) good review! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love this product and It really works, and my skin has felt and looked a whole lot better since using this range.

      Paula P
      xx

      Delete

Thanks for you comment, I will get back to you shortly.
Paula x